Audrey at CremesComeTrue gave me the Liebster Award!
It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but I had to Google what on earth a Liebster Award is! Essentially, it’s a blogger to blogger award! There is no official website or moderator, you just nominate who you think deserves an award. The only stipulation is that you need to list 11 facts about yourself, and then answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
The award is supposed to be for smaller blogs that are starting out; but there is quite the discrepancy between the number of followers that deems you “small”. If you go back a few years to when the Liebster Award started going around, the number of followers was less than 3,000. Now, it seems, it is more common to nominate only those with under 200 followers. Since this seems to be a fluid concept, I hope no one minds that I go back up to 3,000. I know a few blogs that I love that fall under that category that I would love to see grow. (I went by either Twitter or FB followings)
11 Facts About Me:
- I’ve had the same best friend since I was 12. (I’m 23 now)
- 23 is my lucky number, so I’m hoping this year will be one of my best!
- I found out that some German Shepherds are white, so naturally I became obsessed. I talked my boyfriend into looking at some puppies a week later, and I brought Zora home 5 weeks later. (Follow me on Instagram for regular pics of her! @sarahlovescoffee)
- I used to do my makeup every morning on the bus on the way to school!
- I wore bright pink lipsticks wayyy before it was cool.
- I’m completely obsessed with notebooks and journals.
- I’ve had 2 kidney surgeries.
- I just started to write/run Teal and Coral, a blog about DIY, Recipes, Beauty, Fitness, and Shopping.
- They thought my cat was a boy when they named her Wall-E and her sister Eva. I couldn’t bare to change her name when I got her though!
- I’ve been cutting my own hair for over 2 years.
- I want to start a YouTube channel, but I’m nervous!
Audrey’s questions for me:
Where is your favorite place to shop for makeup and why?
Online! I love me some online shopping. There is nothing better than pajamas, wine, a puppy in your lap, and shopping for makeup! My favorites are beautyjoint.com, ulta.com, coastalscents.com, eyeslipsface.com, cherryculture.com, and of course sephora.com! (none of these are affiliate)
If you could only buy products from one brand, which one would it be? (pretend $ is no object)
Ugh! Such a hard question! I think I would go with Tarte because I trust them as as brand. I’ve only tried a few of their products myself, but they have such high standards for their products- eco-friendly, cruelty-free, amazing lasting power, adorable packaging, etc.
What is your favorite foundation?
It’s a classic: Revlon ColorStay Foundation- Both the Normal and Oily Skin. I usually have 2-4 bottles hanging around in different shades/formulas.
When is your favorite time to write for your blog? Day? Night? What do you like most about blogging?
I write almost exclusively in the morning. I get up and make my boyfriend breakfast, lunch, and coffee; take Zora out to pee real quick and then jump back in bed for some puppy cuddles. After I get up again, I feed her and Wall-E, and then come upstairs and blog. Everyday. Did you know I write for more than one blog? I also write Teal and Coral and a few business blogs. Teal and Coral is just getting started, but I’d love it if you gave it a follow!
I love everything about blogging, but if I had to pick what I like most it would be being a part of such a loving community!
Who is your style icon?
Lauren Conrad. Essie Button. Karissa Pukas. My sister. And a whole lot of strangers on Pinterest.
Do you love Pinterest? Why or why not?
Speak of the devil- It’s safe to say I’ve been OBSESSED with Pinterest since it was invitation only. It has helped me plan baby showers, weddings, outfits, Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving dinners, etc… Do you love Pinterest too? I have multiple accounts if you want to follow along!
Lipstick Dupe –> pinterest.com/LipstickDupe
Personal –> pinterest.com/OhGrandIdeas
Teal and Coral –> pinterest.com/TealnCoral
What is your dream job?
It might sound lame, but this is my dream job. I’m currently telecommuting for a company doing their social media and new dealer accounts, and blogging. It’s the best. Eventually, I hope that blogging will become my full time job.
Who is your celebrity crush?
Hint: It’s a girl, and she’s super famous. Jennifer Lawrence! My boyfriend refers to her as my ‘girlfriend’ whenever he sees that she is in a movie we’re watching. We have the EXACT same birthday, but I can’t find what time she was born…. I could be a few hours older or younger.
What beauty trend do you wish would just stop and go away?
There is nothing that comes to mind.
What beauty trend would you like to see stick around or make a comeback?
I was so happy when colored mascaras started showing up in drugstores again! I know it sounds silly, but I love it. TIP: They show up best if you use some sort of a white mascara primer (like L’Oreal Double Extend) first, and then coat the colors on.
My nominated bloggers are:
One of the things I love the most about the internet and blogosphere, is that I can read ‘foreign’ beauty blogs! So, yes, many of my nominees are from outside the US!
Your Questions, Nominees:
- What are your top 3 Holy Grail products of all time?
- What’s your favorite lipstick shade/brand?
- If you had to choose only one, would you choose blush, mascara, or lipstick?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What are your 2014 goals for your blog?
- Do you know of any dupes?
- Top 3 face masks:
- How many places have you lived?
- What’s the story of your blog? (why did you start blogging)
- Do you have any pets?
- And finally, what are your top 5 websites that you go to everyday? (excluding FB/Twitter!!)
Now it’s your turn, nominees! Write a blog post answering my questions, nominate your own list, and make some fun questions up! You can follow the old ‘rule’ of under 3,000 followers, or go back to the new ‘rule’ of small blogs with under 200 followers.
Let me know when your post is live, I would LOVE to read yours!
And again, THANK YOU AUDREY!